If California is serious about increasing test scores and reducing the drop out rate it needs a thorough and detailed examination to find out what is going wrong.
For example, just to mention a few it would need to look at some of the underlying causes such as closed bureaucracies, ineffective standardized student testing, ill-spent education spending, treatment of teachers, insipid and ineffective curriculum, ignoring research, etc.
It would need to look at the consequences of such causes; again, to name a few – the low production of scientists and engineers, waning economic competitiveness, teacher wastage etc. Another place, another time and all these will be elaborated on.
Sign up form
- How New Zealand could lead the world.
- Is there a right way and a wrong way to teach children to read?
- Why is the UK slipping down international education league tables?
- Why USA students lag behind Venezuelan students?
- Why is Finnish education so successful?
- The results of pressurising young children.
- Why is USA so low in international education league tables?
- How to improve California education
- The Ancient Civilization of Kush – why is it so important for African-Americans?
- Teaching Multiplication Tables – I’ll tell you the best way.
- Teaching Fractions – I’ll tell you the best way.
- Why are we passionate about education?
- Overview – The third stage – fourteen to twenty-one
- Overview – The child from seven to fourteen
- Overview – The child from birth to seven
- Overview – Child Development