Teaching Packs based on the Mollet Learning Academy (MLA) approach to learning – sample from a lesson
One of the many stories found in the Unit Mesopotamia is the story of Gilgamesh, the oldest recorded hero. The story of Gilgamesh is divided into three parts with suggestions for activities following each part. The story, following the design of all the stories in the Waldorf Units, can be told or read to students (we recommend telling) and the readability level is kept low so that students may use the text when working on some of the assignments.
The Journey of Gilgamesh A map of Gilgamesh’s journey is provided. Teachers could draw the map on the chalkboard or, alternatively, could make a copy for each student. Using the map, students can follow Gilgamesh’s route and then label the map with the location of crucial events of the journey. Language arts assignments are included; also part of a drama with guidelines for students to write further scenes.
The module format allows teachers to choose material selectively, according to a student’s aptitude, ability and temperament.
Unit 2 Mesopotamia
SubUnit 1: Historical & Geographical Background
SubUnit 2: Religion and Mythology
SubUnit 3: From Sargon to Hammurabi
SubUnit 4: Babylonia and Assyria
SubUnit 5: Review Pack
Each SubUnit (not Unit) costs $19.95 (This price includes permission to photocopy)
Since advent of social media all material is now in pdf format (no postage or processing fee). Physical copies (postage/processing fees apply) can be provided at additional cost – please contact MLA.
Each SubUnit (not Unit) costs USA $19.95 NZ $24.95
(This price includes permission to photocopy)
Click here if you are interested in your students working with top quality authentic papyrus (imported from Egypt).
Dr. David Mollet firstname.lastname@example.org
NZ: h 09-555-2021 m 022-101-1741, 41 Hilling St, Titirangi, Auckland 0604
USA: 619-463-1270, 6656 Reservoir Lane, San Diego, CA 92115 (Skype waldorfedu)
1) The material was initially written for New Zealand teachers but on request from USA teachers, monitoring and assessment procedures were added. To view this material please visit https://molletacademy.com/
WideHorizon Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/widehorizon-2/ Waldorf Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/waldorf/
2) MLA is also involved in researching on an international basis, what works and what doesn’t work. Most of the research results can be seen at https://molletacademy.com/research-reports/ while a draft of a book The Task for New Zealand Education is at https://molletacademy.com/the-task-for-nz-education/
3) Blogs at http://www.molletlearningacademy.blogspot.co.nz/
4) Business Plan at http://molletlearningacademy.com/corporate/MLABusinessPlan.pdf
5) Papyrus https://molletacademy.com/papyrus/
If you wish to subscribe to MLA Newsletter please do so at https://molletacademy.com/ Thanks and take care, David