1) Papyrus Outlines – Tutankhamen or Map of Roman Empire
8″x10″ USA – $1 per sheet
20cm x 25cm New Zealand – $2 per sheet
2) Blank/Plain Papyrus
6.5″ x 9.5″ USA – $1 per sheet
17cm x 24cm New Zealand – $2 per sheet
3) Package for students to write their own cartouche
All papyrus is authentic and imported from Egypt.
Click here (firstname.lastname@example.org) for free lesson plan on Papyrus click here and write Papyrus in Subject line
Papyrus is a writing medium, invented by the Ancient Egyptians. They made it from a reed like plant that grew in the marshes of the River Nile. It was used in the ancient civilizations of Egypt, Kush, Greece & Rome.
The main writing surface used by the Egyptians was papyrus. It was invented very early on in Egypt’s history.The free lesson on papyrus explains the technique for manufacturing this writing medium. The papyrus for Egypt is the young pharaoh, Tutankhamen. He was king for only a short time, approximately nine years but he has become one of the better known Pharaohs because of his death and burial. When his tomb was first discovered in 1922, the contents were almost intact. It gave the world a great deal of information about Ancient Egypt.
The papyrus for Rome is Map of Roman Empire. The design on the papyrus indicates the vast area ruled from Rome when the Empire was at its height around 117 C.E. In the lesson Writing and Numerals students learn how papyrus was one of the many writing mediums used by the Romans.
Package for students to write their own cartouche
What is in the cartouche package?
30 pieces of top quality papyrus, approx 3″ x 6.5″ (8cm x 17cm), suitable for students to draw their own cartouche, & a copy of the Egyptian Alphabet with instructions for writing one’s name.
What is the cost of the package? USA $25 NZ $35 (inc S&H)
Dr. David Mollet email@example.com
NZ: h 09-555-2021 m 022-101-1741, 41 Hilling St, Titirangi, Auckland 0604
USA: 619-463-1270, 6656 Reservoir Lane, San Diego, CA 92115 (Skype waldorfedu)
1) The material was initially written for New Zealand teachers but on request from USA teachers, monitoring and assessment procedures were added. To view this material please visit https://molletacademy.com/
WideHorizon Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/widehorizon-2/ Waldorf Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/waldorf/
2) MLA is also involved in researching on an international basis, what works and what doesn’t work. Most of the research results can be seen at https://molletacademy.com/research-reports/ while a draft of a book The Task for New Zealand Education is at https://molletacademy.com/the-task-for-nz-education/
3) Blogs at http://www.molletlearningacademy.blogspot.co.nz/
4) Business Plan at http://molletlearningacademy.com/corporate/MLABusinessPlan.pdf
5) Papyrus https://molletacademy.com/papyrus/
For overall content of Ancient Civilisations please click
Program Overview Ancient Civilisations
For overall content of Ancient Kush please click Program Overview Kush
For overall content of History of California please click
Program Overview History of California
For overall content re improving reading and language skills through history please click Overview Reading History
For overall content re MLA approach to teaching
mathematics please click Overview Teaching Math
For overall content re MLA approach to teaching
fractions please click Fractions Teacher Handbook
For overall content re MLA approach to teaching multiplication tables please click Multiplication Tables Teachers Handbook
Previous PowerPoint presentations converted to pdfs for wordpress
Ancient China P_China
Ancient Egypt P_Egypt
Ancient Greece P_Greece
Ancient India P_India
Ancient Israelites P_Israelites
Ancient Kush P_Kush
Early Humankind/Prehistory P_Prehistory
Ancient Rome P_Rome
Multiplication Tables P_MultiplicationTables
For video clips please see
McLaren Rd talk
Be the ONE who listens
If you wish to subscribe to MLA Newsletter please do so at https://molletacademy.com/ Thanks and take care, David
1. The MLA approach to education believes in developing the creative and imaginative side of the student in harmony with the intellectual and cognitive. To achieve this, MLA Teaching Packs make stories and drama an integral part of the lessons and involve students through storytelling, art, simulations, drama, craft, discussion and creation of a personal record.
There are MLA Teaching Packs for teaching a) Ancient Civilizations/World History, b) History of California and c) Mathematics (Fractions and Multiplication Tables)
2. Click on any of these links China, Egypt, Greece, India, Israelites, Kush, Mesopotamia, Prehistory or Rome to take you to the appropriate WER Unit.
3. Click here if you wish to access free lesson on papyrus (enter Papyrus in Subject line – any information you supply is treated in complete confidence).
4. Click here for Mollet Learning Academy (MLA) Teaching Packs.
5. Click here to find out about Kush. Kush is Africa’s oldest interior civilization. Do your students, particularly African-American, have the opportunity to study this part of their cultural heritage?
6. Click here for articles and research reports.
7. Click here to check out evaluations of pilots carried out in schools in San Diego and to read what teachers think about our lessons/newsletters.
“These resource packs contain unbound, ready-to-use reproducible masters, that are varied, simple, and appealing to students. The interactive strategies suggested are suitable for independent, small-group, and whole-class assignments.”
(Grade 6 Course Models – California State Department of Education)
8. Click here to check out evaluation of WER Unit Kush by USA leading authority.
9. Information on workshops/presentations for introducing the MLA approach into public schools available at https://molletacademy.com/mla-workshops/
10. For an explanation of the philosophy behind the writing of these packs click https://molletacademy.com/mla-pedagogy/
11. Click https://molletacademy.com/sdsu-courses/ for details of on-line courses accredited by San Diego State University.
You must be logged in to post a comment.