Teaching Packs based on the Mollet Learning Academy (MLA) approach to learning – sample from a lesson
Using the MLA approach, students have an experience of Greek mythology. The Trojan War, and the events leading up to the war, have been chosen for SubUnit 4. The story is divided into sections, with activities and assignments following each section. The readability level is kept low so that not only can students listen to the story, but are also able to use the text independently for some of the assignments.
Part of the story is dramatized so that students can perform the playbefore class or school.
Students study and compare the characters Achilles and Hector. They gain insight into the character of Hector by reading together Hector’s farewell to his wife Andromache on the eve of the battle from the Illiad. They discover how the name Achilles has found its way into our everyday language, and the explanation for using the terms, Achilles’ heel, and Achilles’ tendon.
Assignments are varied. Students report on an event by creating the front page of a newspaper, write character references or testimonials, and also write a letter graphically describing an event from the story.
Unit 8 Ancient Greece
SubUnit 1: Historical & Geographical Background
SubUnit 2: The City-States
SubUnit 5: Review Pack
SubUnit 3: Life in Ancient Greece
SubUnit 4: Greek Mythology
Since advent of social media all material is now in pdf format (no postage or processing fee). Physical copies (postage/processing fees apply) can be provided at additional cost – please contact MLA.
Each SubUnit (not Unit) costs USA $19.95 NZ $24.95
(This price includes permission to photocopy)
Click here if you are interested in your students working with top quality authentic papyrus (imported from Egypt).
Dr. David Mollet firstname.lastname@example.org
NZ: h 09-555-2021 m 022-101-1741, 41 Hilling St, Titirangi, Auckland 0604
USA: 619-463-1270, 6656 Reservoir Lane, San Diego, CA 92115 (Skype waldorfedu)
1) The material was initially written for New Zealand teachers but on request from USA teachers, monitoring and assessment procedures were added. To view this material please visit https://molletacademy.com/
WideHorizon Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/widehorizon-2/ Waldorf Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/waldorf/
2) MLA is also involved in researching on an international basis, what works and what doesn’t work. Most of the research results can be seen at https://molletacademy.com/research-reports/ while a draft of a book The Task for New Zealand Education is at https://molletacademy.com/the-task-for-nz-education/
3) Blogs at http://www.molletlearningacademy.blogspot.co.nz/
4) Business Plan at http://molletlearningacademy.com/corporate/MLABusinessPlan.pdf
5) Papyrus https://molletacademy.com/papyrus/
If you wish to subscribe to MLA Newsletter please do so at https://molletacademy.com/ Thanks and take care, David
You must be logged in to post a comment.