Teaching Packs based on the Mollet Learning Academy (MLA) approach to learning – sample from a lesson
Kush – Africa’s oldest interior civilization
However, if students are to have a balanced view of the development of civilizations throughout the world, then they need to learn about this ancient civilization of the interior of Africa.
As Kush possessed all the features of a major civilization it should take its place alongside the other major civilizations of the ancient world.
Influenced by Egypt on some occasions and influencing Egypt on others, Kush nevertheless followed a unique path of development.
With this in mind Waldorf Education Resources has produced a teaching pack with three SubUnits on Kush, starting with the Kerma culture and taking students through to the destruction of Meroe by the king of Axum.
Unit 4 Kush
SubUnit 1: Historical & Geographical Background
SubUnit 2: Kush: The Kerma Period
SubUnit 3: Kush: Napatan/Meroitic Period
(Review exercises included in each SubUnit)
Each SubUnit (not Unit) costs $19.95 (This price includes permission to photocopy)
Since advent of social media all material is now in pdf format (no postage or processing fee). Physical copies (postage/processing fees apply) can be provided at additional cost – please contact MLA.
Each SubUnit (not Unit) costs USA $19.95 NZ $24.95
(This price includes permission to photocopy)
Click here if you are interested in your students working with top quality authentic papyrus (imported from Egypt).
Dr. David Mollet email@example.com
NZ: h 09-555-2021 m 022-101-1741, 41 Hilling St, Titirangi, Auckland 0604
USA: 619-463-1270, 6656 Reservoir Lane, San Diego, CA 92115 (Skype waldorfedu)
1) The material was initially written for New Zealand teachers but on request from USA teachers, monitoring and assessment procedures were added. To view this material please visit https://molletacademy.com/
WideHorizon Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/widehorizon-2/ Waldorf Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/waldorf/
2) MLA is also involved in researching on an international basis, what works and what doesn’t work. Most of the research results can be seen at https://molletacademy.com/research-reports/ while a draft of a book The Task for New Zealand Education is at https://molletacademy.com/the-task-for-nz-education/
3) Blogs at http://www.molletlearningacademy.blogspot.co.nz/
4) Business Plan at http://molletlearningacademy.com/corporate/MLABusinessPlan.pdf
5) Papyrus https://molletacademy.com/papyrus/
If you wish to subscribe to MLA Newsletter please do so at https://molletacademy.com/ Thanks and take care, David