Teaching Packs based on the Mollet Learning Academy (MLA) approach to learning – sample from a lesson
Using Waldorf Education Resources, journey with the Ancient Israelites. Begin with Abraham’s decision to leave the Mesopotamian city of Ur, pass through the Hebrew period of slavery in Egypt and continue with their release from bondage to seek out a home in Canaan.
Meet the great kings, Saul, David and Solomon, and the judges, prophets and priests who followed. Learn of the Israelites’ relationship with the Ancient Egyptians, Canaanites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, and finally the Romans. All this comes to life through stories, dramas, and hands on activities. Learning occurs through lessons that are both social studies and language arts orientated, and which also include material from other areas of the curriculum.
Learn to make potato latkes for the Festival of Hannukka, make a scroll of Esther for the Festival of Purim, and for Passover draw a Seder Plate and all the items that are placed on the plate. Learn of the symbolism of each item.
Unit 8 Israelites
SubUnit 1: Historical & Geographical Background
SubUnit 2: Judges, Prophets and Kings
SubUnit 3: Persian, Greek and Roman Rule (Review exercises included in each SubUnit)
Each SubUnit (not Unit) costs $19.95 (This price includes permission to photocopy)
Since advent of social media all material is now in pdf format (no postage or processing fee). Physical copies (postage/processing fees apply) can be provided at additional cost – please contact MLA.
Each SubUnit (not Unit) costs USA $19.95 NZ $24.95
(This price includes permission to photocopy)
Click here if you are interested in your students working with top quality authentic papyrus (imported from Egypt).
Dr. David Mollet email@example.com
NZ: h 09-555-2021 m 022-101-1741, 41 Hilling St, Titirangi, Auckland 0604
USA: 619-463-1270, 6656 Reservoir Lane, San Diego, CA 92115 (Skype waldorfedu)
1) The material was initially written for New Zealand teachers but on request from USA teachers, monitoring and assessment procedures were added. To view this material please visit https://molletacademy.com/
WideHorizon Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/widehorizon-2/ Waldorf Education Resources (WER) https://molletacademy.com/waldorf/
2) MLA is also involved in researching on an international basis, what works and what doesn’t work. Most of the research results can be seen at https://molletacademy.com/research-reports/ while a draft of a book The Task for New Zealand Education is at https://molletacademy.com/the-task-for-nz-education/
3) Blogs at http://www.molletlearningacademy.blogspot.co.nz/
4) Business Plan at http://molletlearningacademy.com/corporate/MLABusinessPlan.pdf
5) Papyrus https://molletacademy.com/papyrus/
If you wish to subscribe to MLA Newsletter please do so at https://molletacademy.com/ Thanks and take care, David